Monday, May 18, 2015

Winds of change

There's been a lot going on over the past month. Some stuff that will affect this blog. As you can see, I changed the name of the blog. It will from now on be called "ME made". I'm sure all of you agree on that this is a good change. The old name "The Comet" didn't really represent the things this blog has become. It didn't bring your minds to knitting and crafting. It had basicly just been hanging around since the beginning, when this started out as a travel blog back when I was an exchange student in Paris in 2009. And now it was time to update it.

But then why ME made, you might think? Well, ME stands for my initials M.E. and since this blog is all about handmaking things... Well, it clicks kind of perfectly, don't you think? I will change the URL for this blog too, but don't worry. I'll give you a heads up before I do.


Also, I am now happy to inform you that I also registered my own firm with that very same name. Don't really know where that's heading yet, but there might be some visible changes in the blog due to that too. In the future. Right now I'm just starting out by selling some handmade things to the museum shop at the Espoo City Museum where I work at the moment.



Which brings me to my next announcement. The fact is, I won't be working there for long. You see, I've been offered a permanent job as a craft teacher at a high school here in Helsinki! I'll start in August. And that's like... I don't know. So amazing! But in the same time so scary to start a new job! And there's a lot to plan before school starts in the autumn. I'm super excited about it. I have loads of ideas of what I could do with my students but it's still quite hard to picture what it will really be like. Will it be hard? Will it be fun? Will it be awful or absolutely great? I don't know. Time will tell!

I also hope that I'll still have both time and inspiration to do my own crafts outside work and to keep up with this blog. At least I'll try my best, I promise! But please be patient with me and hang in there, ok?


2 comments:

Rhiannon said...

Congratulations on your new job! I hope you manage to keep up with the blog, I look forward to the new things you have to post about :)

malin said...

Thank you! I really hope so too! :)